Although there is a lot of information about the credit history and credit bureau , there is another indicator that determines the approval of many credits and of which there is almost no talk: The Score. Here we tell you what it is, what it is for and why it is important to know it.
What is the score?
The Credit Bureau Score is a tool that shows your credit behavior score, with the peculiarity that it does not do it descriptively, but numerically. Use a rating range from 400 to 850 points that are awarded according to the good management of your current and past credits.
Importance of the Score
There are credits that, for their approval, do not base their standards on the descriptions provided by the Special Credit Report, but only on the figure that shows the Score (for example on personal loans), that is why it is important to maintain a good ranking in it.
In order to raise the Score figure it is important:
- Maintain timely payments (Pay more than the minimum payment )
- Do not exceed credit card limits
- Not have constant openings and closings of accounts
How do I get mine?
In order to get your Score you must enter the website of the credit bureau:
- You must select from the menu * My Score where you will be asked for an authorization of your personal information.
- You should have on hand the information that is required as the last statement if you have applied for a credit card, and the credit number and institution if you applied for a car and / or mortgage loan.
- It is necessary that you have an active email so that they can send you your report
Another option to obtain it will be by calling the telephone number from Monday to Friday from 08:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 09:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m. Or go directly to the customer service office, it is important that you have the aforementioned information at hand.